At least 26 people of Mumbai-bound Tejas Express from Goa were taken ill after consuming food served by the railways’ catering wing. Passengers were admitted to a hospital after they complained of uneasiness and nausea after having breakfast served on the train.
Post the incident, The Indian Railways’ conducted an inquiry. The internal inquiry report has concluded that the food quality served on-board Tejas Express was satisfactory. Also it blamed the passengers for the incident and said that the “suspected” food poisoning was triggered by two children who vomited inside the train coach floor that “vitiated the air quality and triggered uneasiness” among all other passengers.
However, the Railway Ministry had issued a showcause notice for termination of contract to caterer JK Ghosh, which was responsible for providing food on-board Tejas Express.
Be cautious with what you eat on trains as it can be harmful for your health.