Piyush Goyal-led Indian Railways is all set to start 200 non-AC trains from June 1. The bookings for these trains have already started on May 21 from 10:00 AM IST. The train services are offered in addition to the Shramik Special trains & the Special AC trains that are already being run from May 1 & May 12 respectively.
What will be the train type?
These trains will run as fully reserved trains with no unreserved coach on the trains. They will have both AC, non-AC classes alongside General coaches. The general coaches will have reserved seats for sitting.
What will be the Fare?
The fare for these trains will be charged as normal. Meanwhile, the General coaches will also be treated as reserved coaches with the fare of second seating (2S) class. People booking for General coaches shall all be provided seats.
How to Book?
The bookings for these trains can only be made through the Confirmtkt App and Website with an advance registration period of a maximum of 30 days. Ticket booking windows shall remain closed & no Tatkal or premium tatkal booking will be permitted.
Charting & Boarding
RAC & waitlist procedure to be followed as previously but no waiting list ticket holder will be allowed to board the train. First shall be prepared 4 hours before departure while the 2nd chart will be prepared 2 hours prior.
Precautions to be taken
1) People with Confirmed tickets shall be allowed to enter the Railway station.
2) It is mandatory for passengers to wear face covers/masks at the entry and during travel.
3) The passengers shall reach the station at least 90 minutes in advance for thermal screening at the station. Only passengers who are found asymptomatic will be permitted to travel.
4) Passengers shall observe social distancing both at the station and on trains.
5) On arrival at their destination, the traveling passengers will have to follow health protocols prescribed by the destination state/UT
6) Passengers are advised to carry their own blankets, food & water as none shall be provided by railways. Ready-to-eat dry foods & water shall be available on a paid basis.
Concession, Cancellation & Refund
Four categories of Divyangjan concession and 11 categories of patient concessions will be permitted. Refund and cancellation shall be made as per Railway Passengers (Cancellation of Ticket and Refund of Fare) Rules, 2015.
Train List & Schedules
The train list, along with the schedule, can be found here.