The Southern division of the Indian Railways has announced to start 14 New Trains in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. Adding to it, an extension will be provided to 12 trains running to & from these stations, for the year 2020-21.
The initiative is being undertaken to meet the hectic demands on the routes. The suggestion for introduction and extension was put forth by six divisions of Southern Railways in the Indian Railway Time Table Committee Meeting. However, these suggestions require approvals, and the request for approval has been sent to the board.
The list for newly proposed and extended can be mentioned as:
New trains proposed in IRTTC for 2020-21:
1.Chennai – Tirupati daily express
2.Tambaram – Visakhapatnam railway station weekly
3.Tirunelveli – Coimbatore daily express
4.Rameswaram – Palakkad daily express
5.Dindigul – Palakkad daily express
6.Coimbatore – Rameswaram overnight express
7.Coimbatore – Bengaluru overnight express
8.Tiruchy – Bengaluru via Karur, Salem, and Hosur
9.Tiruchy – Baiyyappanahalli bi-weekly express
10.Tambaram – Karaikudi daily express train
11.Tiruchy – Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (Mumbai) weekly express
12.Tiruvarur – Karaikudi passenger train
13.Kochuveli – Coimbatore Antyodaya weekly express
14. Ernakulam – Velankanni express weekly express.
A proposed extension of train services:
1. New Jalpaiguri – Chennai Egmore weekly express up to Tirunelveli
2. Jasidih Junction – Tambaram up to Madurai
3. Rameswaram – Madurai passenger up to Coimbatore
4. Bikaner – Madurai Anuvrat Express up to Tirunelveli
5. Bengaluru – Coimbatore Uday Express up to Palakkad.town
6. Palakkad town – Tiruchy passenger extension as Karaikal –
7. Tiruchy – Tirupadiripuliyur DEMU passenger up to Vellore
8. Chennai Beach – Vellore MEMU passenger up to Tiruvannamalai.
9.Tiruchy – Thanjavur passenger up to Thiruvarur
10. Shri Ganganagar – Tiruchchirappalli Humsafar express up to Madurai
11. Mangaluru – Thiruvananthapuram express up to Nagercoil
12. Thiruvananthapuram – Nagercoil passenger up to Tirunelveli