The nation gears up for the next phase of unlocking as the government recently announced guidelines for the next phase with various restrictions and relaxations. The Centre has given a nod to the resumption of metro services from September 7 and returning as much as 50 percent of teaching and non-teaching staff outside containment zones.
So, here’s a list of all the activities that are allowed and not allowed in the Unlock 4.0:
• Resumption of Metro services from September 7, 2020 in a graded manner.
• Social/ academic/ sports/ entertainment/ cultural/ religious/ political functions and other congregations to be permitted with a maximum cap of 100 people with strict measures such as face masks, social distancing, and thermal scanning.
• Allowing Open-air theatres to reopen from September 21, 2020
• Up to 50% of teaching and non-teaching staff may return to from September 21 for online teaching-related work in areas outside containment zones.
• Class 9 to 12 students from schools outside containment zones to be allowed to visit faculties for doubt clearing session on a voluntary basis from September 21.
• No restrictions, need of e-permits, or separate permissions for inter-state and intra-state movement of people and goods.
What’s Not Allowed?
• Online classes to continue as schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions to remain closed.
• No lockdown in states and union territories outside containment zones without the Centre’s permission.
• Places like cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres to remain closed.
• All sorts of international travel, apart from the ones permitted by MHA to remain suspended.